Thursday, November 17, 2011

House Wife?! (& Sneak Peak)

Yep. Yesterday was my very last day of work! And with just over 2 weeks until my due date, I couldn't be happier. My employer was cool with me bringing the baby to work with me, and I appreciate that. But Stevie and I decided that at home would be the best place for me and the baby. So now I'm home-free, or should a I say home-bound?

Stevie's not really picking up significantly more hours (about 1/wk right now) or another job...yet. And the great thing is, I think we'll be okay anyway. We are hoping for him to be earning enough by early next year to replace the income I was making. We'll see how that goes.

Next week we plan to begin renovating the park home we bought back in August. Time permitting, I will be posting our progress and expenses for that. A quick look at some of the goals we're trying to tackle, in no particular order...

passive solar hot water heater - to provide all hot water needs
solar panels - to provide supplemental power
cabinets & countertop
plumbing (sinks & tub)
lighting fixtures
floating laminate flooring
tile flooring
insulation and wall panels
installing wall shelving

No comments: