Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kitchen Improv - Stuffed Sweet Peppers

Got some leftover sweet peppers and Italian cheeses from recipes used earlier in the week? I did, and I needed to use them up before they were wasted. This is a fine example of the "kitchen improv" we do at least once a week.

After washing, I cut the top off of each sweet pepper and deseeded them. In a bowl, I mixed ricotta and shredded mozzarella left over from lasagna earlier in the week. To this I added dried basil, but you could use any Italian seasonings you like. I stuffed each pepper full with the mixture and baked at 400F for about 15 minutes.

Served with salad.

Not up to inventing your own recipes just yet? Use a free online tool to discover recipes that will make good use of the ingredients that you already have on hand. I use Recipe Matcher when I want to try something new or use up ingredients before they go bad.

No comments: